Motorcycle Mechanics Basics
We're partnered with Jay Davis from Davis Auto School. Jay has spent the last 6 years in Helicopter and Aircraft maintenance and has joined us on a part time free-lance basis as WMC resident mechanic and class instructor. Together we've developed a curriculum of short courses divided into modules ranging from basic tool and workshop safety to full engine rebuilds. The aim is to provide you with the knowledge you need to enjoy fun and safe motorcycling and to be able to maintain your bike.
5 Week Course
Our popular Motorcycle Mechanics Basics course consists of five classes over five Tuesday evenings:
- Tools, how to use them and standard practices and workshop safety.
- Systems overview
- Engine Basics
- General electrical systems
The individual classes would amount to R2500 but the entire course is on offer for R1799 which means you save R700.
If you'd like to sign up for a specific class and not attend the full 5 week course, they are available as once-off classes as well.
In addition to this we are going to be running short theory talks:
- Electroplating and protective coatings
- Corrosion prevention, detection, neutralization and removal
- Composites and structures
- Performance mods, what they do and how they work